Note: Some email programs may not transfer message text properly from a web page.
If you receive a warning that reads Could not perform this operation because the
default mail client is not installed properly, or nothing happens when you click
the Submit button or the mail program opens and the text in the message
area contains many %20, %0A or %0D characters, then follow these steps:
- Click the Preview button to generate the name/email text at the
beginning of the body message.
- Click the Highlight All button, then press CTRL-C
to copy the the highlighted text to your clipboard.
- Click the Email button to start your email program.
- Delete all text in your email program message area.
- Press CTRL-V to paste the text from the clipboard.
- Before submitting any tablatures, ensure you have completed the Title Information from
the TablEdit Score menu. The song name is entered in the Title text area.
The composer name and date composed (if available) in the Author text area. If the
composer name is not known, other valid entries in the Author text area are Traditional,
Anonymous, or Unknown. Additional information such as the arranger, recorded source, etc.
should be entered in the Comments text area.
- In the form above, enter you full name and email address.
- Select the tablature(s) to be submitted. All tablature names must end with .tef.
You can enter a tablature with one of these methods:
If you enter a tablature that is already in the list, you will be notified. The
Web Page: and Collection: will be updated accordingly.
- Type the full tablature name into the Tablature: text area.
- Click the Browse... button and select the file name using your system file requestor.
- (Optional) Using the Web Page selection list, select the suggested web page on which the tablature should be added.
- (Optional) Using the Collection selection list, select the suggested collection in which the tablature should be added.
- Steps 4-5 are optional. If you are not sure where they should be added, set both text areas to Unknown.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for each additional tablature. You will notice that the tablature, web page and collection will be listed in the Body section of the above form for each tablature.
- To delete a tablature from the list displayed in the Body,
highlight the Tablature:, Web Page: and Collection:
lines for the tablature, press the Delete key, then click the Preview
button to refresh the tablature list.
- Beneath Comments: in the Body of the form, enter any additional information
you wish to pass on to the librarian.
- Click the Preview button to view the message as it will be sent to the librarian, or
click the Submit button to load the message into your email program.
- If you click the Submit or Email button and no tablature(s) appear
in the tablature list of the message, a warning message will appear, and you will not be
transferred to your email program.
- The tabs are not attached to the email automatically. YOU MUST ATTACH THE TABLATURE(S) USING
YOUR EMAIL PROGRAM!! The preferred method is to include all tablatures in one zipped file.